Building Permit Application *click on the link to download
form and then "enable" to edit
Driveway Permit Application
Land Use Change Application
How To Obtain Building, Driveway Permits or Rezone Land:
To obtain a permit for a new building or driveway, you must first be on the agenda for the Planning and Zoning meeting which is held on the LAST Monday of each month. There you will explain your plans, where the property is located and apply for the permit(s) with the applicable fee.
*Driveway Permits will not be given without Building Permits.
After your permit(s) are approved, you will then need to be put on the agenda for the Town Board Meeting, which is the FIRST Monday of each month. (The Monday following the PZ Meeting). There the Board will discuss your plans, make suggestions, and either approve or deny your applications.
*To get on the Planning and Zoning Meeting Agenda or The Town Board Meeting Agenda, email the Clerk at [email protected] with your name, phone number, address of the land where building or rezoning will take place, and what exactly you are planning to do. (i.e. Building a house, rezone to build a house, etc)
After full board approval, the next step is to be on the agenda for the Iowa County Planning Commission meeting.
Iowa County Planning Director: Scott Godfrey Mobile: (608) 553-7575
TOWN OF ARENA INSPECTOR:
Johnson Inspection LLC
Po Box 127 Arena, WI 53503
HOW TO CONTACT THE INSPECTOR:
• Contact Tracy Johnson at (608)444-0372 or [email protected]
• Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• All calls will be returned when the Inspector is notified of the message
PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
• All new 1 and 2 family homes and decks
• Additions that increase the physical dimensions of a building
• All electrical wiring (new or remodeling)
• All HVAC (new or remodeling) including outdoor furnaces
• All plumbing (new or remodeling)
• Replacement of major equipment (Electrical services)
• Agricultural buildings
• Commercial buildings
• Accessory structures over 200 Square Feet
PERMITS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
• Re-siding • Re-roofing • Finishing interior surfaces • Installation of cabinetry • Repairs deemed minor by Building Inspector
• Normal repairs to HVAC and plumbing
• Repairs to electrical equipment or systems (e.g. switches, receptacles or fixtures)
*If uncertain, call the building inspector
TO OBTAIN AN APPLICATION: • Call the building inspector (608) 444-0372
or email: j[email protected] for Applications or www.jiportal.com
Please see the attached list of information required to obtain building permits
• Fees are determined by Town Ordinance
RETURNING COMPLETED APPLICATIONS/SUBMITTING PLANS:
• Applications may be mailed to: Johnson Inspection LLC Po Box 127 Arena, WI 53503 [email protected]
INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO CONCEALING WORK!
Call for inspections at (608) 444-0372.
FOR ADDITIONAL PERMIT INFORMATION CLICK HERE